Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Who Follows Our Blog?

Monday, March 1, 2010

Trusting God

I am always amazed at how it takes losing my illusion of any control I thought I had over any aspect of my life to bring me back to fully trusting God. But thankfully, He is already aware that I am not perfect and shows me grace repeatedly.

There are so many people I know going through rough times right now, or times of change, or times of decisions. God reminds me every couple of years or so, it seems, that the plans we have are not His plans. But I know, because he has shown me, he never leaves us to be alone and fearful and "his plans are to prosper you not to harm you, to give you hope and a future." Please know so many of you are in my prayers, and I think of you often, even if we don't talk much.

Please pray for Bo and I as well as we are led to our next stage in life. I fought the fellowship idea for months (as I did the idea of living in Chicago for 5 years), but I know God will place us where we should be with our trust in him and the prayers of everyone surrounding us. So, please say a prayer or two for us as we make life-changing decisions in the next few months. We should know around the time baby #2 arrives where we will be headed in July 2011. Also, please pray for strength and peace as we are both getting very worn down and are ready to move on from residency life.

We are so blessed and thankful, and I know when things seem bad or scary, when we are physically and emotionally worn down, is when we can truly see God and he shows himself in the greatest ways. I heard this song on the radio recently and it really encouraged me. Here are the lyrics or you can listen to it on the link above. I hope it encourages you too.

Let the Waters Rise:
Don’t know where to begin
It's like my worlds caving in
And I try but I can't control my fear
Where do I go from here
Sometimes it's so hard to pray
When You feel so far away
but I am willing to go where You want me to
God I Trust You

There's a raging sea
Right in front of me
Wants to pull me in
Bring me to my knees
So let the waters rise
If You want them to
I will follow You
I will follow You

I will swim in the deep
Cuz you’ll be next to me
You’re in the eye of the storm and the calm of the sea
Your never out of reach
God You know where I’ve been
And You were there with me then
You were faithful before
You’ll be faithful again
I’m holding Your hand

1 comments:

ashley, kyle, clay, and avery said...

We are praying for y'all! And, praying that God will miraculously create a fellowship in Dallas! ha! Clay has been telling me that he wants to go to "Addie's horse with Aunt Yin and Bo" We miss y'all so much and are praying that God gives abundant peace and guidance!